Summary: As a communications specialist for DoveLewis, I planned, coordinated and executed all public relations efforts for the nonprofit animal hospital.
Strategy: I actively cultivated relationships with reporters and pitched story ideas regularly by writing tailored media releases. I also utilized nontraditional approaches by seeking out mutually beneficial collaborations and partnership opportunities.
(Note: The list below includes select coverage only; a complete list can be provided upon request. For samples of media releases, please ask.)
- CNN: “Well, this socks: Great Dane eats 43” (9/2014)
- The Portland Mercury: “Kitty 911: How to Spot a Pet Emergency” (8/2014)
- KGW: “Dog running near I-405 saved by vet workers” (6/2014)
- Portland Business Journal: “Portland’s DoveLewis on the ins and outs of cancer in pets” (5/2014)
- KOIN 6: “Petco to stop selling pet treats made in China” (5/2014)
- Fox 12 Oregon: “Kids interact with dogs and llamas at School for the Blind track meet” (5/2014)
- Oregonlive.com: “Bridge to Independence therapy program in Cornelius goes to the dogs with Portland Area Canine Therapy Team” (2/2014)
- The Oregonian: “Pet Talk: Pet blood banks are a lifeline for pets in Oregon and beyond” (1/2014)
- KATU: Live, in-studio interview between DoveLewis veterinarian and reporter Mary Loos about the DoveLewis Blood Bank (1/2014)
- The Columbian: “Career change for service dogs: Therapy is a second shot at success” (12/2013)
- The Oregonian: “Pet Talk: Owners find great reward in adopting special-needs pets” (12/2013)
- Portland Business Journal: “Cool Spaces: DoveLewis digs go to the dogs… and cats” (7/2013)
Fun fact: Though less predictable on camera, dogs make excellent interview sidekicks (as long as treats are readily available).